As the Outside Sales Representative you will be responsible for identifying potential clients and new market opportunities, scheduling appointments, meeting minimum monthly quotas and growing the business!
The candidate we are looking for is one who uses both the left & right side of their brain to be both creative & methodical to sell basically ANY service we offer to any store owner on the street corner. If a store has a cash register, we have a service for them!
NO TERRITORIES!! We believe that if you have a relationship with someone, why someone else’s ‘area’ should interfere with business.
This job requires a special kind of individual, one who has the self- discipline to manage themselves, their time and our business commitments. This is not your typical 9-5 business model and requires someone who enjoys the freedom yet, understands the web is 24/7 and opportunities for sales are just as ever present. This position allows for flexibility in your schedule, as long as goals are met. The ideal candidate will enjoy network, meet-ups, and be socially engaged in their community. B2B sales are about people, services that people need, and commitment to deliver.
- Responsible for delivering sales volume plans within goals.
- Communicates effectively with prospects, clients, management and our internal organization to quickly resolve issues, seize opportunities and maintain good working relationships.
- Implement an effective coverage plan that provides contact with all prospects and clients; develop & build long-term relationships and provide flexibility to handle the constantly changing daily activities & priorities.
- Network with key decision-makers and influencers within organizations and identify all opportunities where GBM can add value to the organization.
- Match GBM's offering with client needs and effectively orchestrate with the internal team to appropriate resources to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Develop knowledge of current clients, specifically:
- Ability to go beyond explicit needs articulated by client to identify root cause of issues and suggest additional value-added solutions.
- Solid understanding of current use(s) of GBM offerings and the ability to identify potential opportunities for complimentary products or services.
- Understanding of the client’s buying process.
- Close sales within price and terms desirable to GBM.
- Follow up, as needed, to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensures all client information in database is current, complete, and maintained in CiviCRM in the proper fields.
- Works trade shows/conferences in their targeted markets.
- Attends training to keep their skills current and maintains up-to-date understanding of GBM products and services.
- Listens to feedback from coaching sessions and makes necessary changes for improvement.
- Attends group meetings to understand company objectives and status on meeting targets & goals.
- Communicates with supervisor and properly submits all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Ability to function effectively & positively in a team environment, while having the ability & desire to work independently out in the field.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with the ability to be assertive, diplomatic and tactful with a diverse population group.
- Must have ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must use common sense and make quick, informed decisions that will have an impact on the client.
- Excellent phone persona.
- Exceptional goal orientation and ability to close sales.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and flexibility to changes as required by the environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (or equivilant). As well as other necessary tools to make presentations.
- Comfortable Exploring, Researching and Responding to RFPs. [Both Government & Private Sector]
- Experience working with a CRM -- CiviCRM preferred.
- Two to five years sales experience preferred.
- Verifiable References, Plan of Action, & The Right Go Get 'Em Attitude are Key!
College Degree, preferably in business or computer science; or equivalent work related experience.
Our Ideal candidate will have Consultative and Persuasive communication skills with a sincere interest in building relationships and helping solve problems of prospective clients. The ability & desire to work independently out in the field, with only occasional office visits is required in this position. You must have an innate passion for selling. You must be genuinely motivated to add value to the businesses you sell services to.
There are several methods of compensation avaialbe to this Role. Come with your Compensation Requirements to your interview.
** There is no relocation allowance for this position - local candidates only please! **